Human resources is one of the most dynamic areas of a company, as it focuses on people. Any changes in the new habits and preferences of talent translate into constant transformations in the human resources department. One of the segments where the most changes occur is in the hiring of new employees. In line with this, one of the topics that is gaining increasing strength in the sector is 4.0 recruitment.
New technologies have revolutionized the selection processes. 4.0 recruitment focuses on the possibilities offered by social networks to find the most qualified candidates who possess the characteristics that each company needs.
In this article, we will explain what 4.0 recruitment is, what its characteristics are, and what advantages it offers.
What is 4.0 recruitment?
4.0 recruitment is a form of hiring that adapts to technological advances and focuses on improving the corporate image of companies to attract the right talent in each area. This approach optimizes the efficiency of the selection process and raises its level of professionalism.
Although traditional methods such as manual resume review, references, personal interviews, and psychometric tests are still used, Human Resources is aware that these methods are not enough and turns to technology to enhance them.
You may be interested in the following article: “Why are online psychometric tests important?”
In 4.0 recruitment, the active presence of the company on specific social networks such as Twitter, LinkedIn, or Facebook becomes especially important. Digital transformation has made the use of these platforms relevant not only for attracting and retaining talent and obtaining a good digital reputation but also for the candidates themselves.
You may be interested in the following article: “5 Tips to Get the Best Candidates on LinkedIn”
These social networks become a magnificent showcase, as candidates can share links to their blogs, portfolios, or previous work. This way, the resume is not just theoretical, but the worth can be demonstrated through updated projects and practical cases.
Advantages of 4.0 recruitment.
4.0 recruitment presents six key advantages:
- Access to a greater number of candidates: Posting job offers on various platforms, social networks, etc., simplifies this task and allows the company to attract both those seeking jobs and those who want to improve their conditions and grow professionally. The use of recruitment software automates the posting and collection of candidates to avoid consuming too much time of the selection technicians.
- Greater segmentation: Filters can be applied to the offers to search for ideal candidates based on specific data. For example, training requirements, availability, geographic location, age range, among others, can be defined. This segmentation allows for more effective recruitment by finding candidates who truly meet the necessary characteristics. Recruitment software also avoids duplicates in the database by saving only one resume per person, even if they apply from different portals or social networks.
- Simplification of competency identification: It facilitates the verification of the candidate’s skills and competencies in relation to those required by the company. The possibility of accessing the candidate’s work, projects, or portfolios through links allows for evaluation if they meet what the company is looking for in the position.
- Time and cost optimization: The availability of personnel management tools facilitates the recruitment process for companies. Applicant tracking software (ATS) allows for automatic filtering of those who meet the fundamental requirements and those who do not through specific questions. It also helps recruiters better manage their time in reviewing resumes and eliminates human errors in candidate selection or elimination.
- Expansion of the network of contacts: The internet provides the opportunity to establish quick connections with people from all over the world. This is especially useful for Human Resources departments as they can hold online seminars, create virtual events, and build an extensive network of contacts that can become potential candidates in the future.
- Greater visibility and promotion of the company: Recruitment 4.0 allows companies to enhance their corporate image and effectively promote themselves on different digital platforms. This helps attract quality candidates and build a strong reputation in the job market.
Key Factors of Recruitment 4.0.
The four key factors of Recruitment 4.0 should be considered when attracting talent:
- Employer branding: Employer branding refers to the image that employees and candidates have of your company. It defines the values that characterize your brand and what you want to convey as an organization. Although you can’t fully control the perceptions of your team and future talent, you can influence the values you want to project.
You may be interested in the following article: “How to develop an employer branding strategy?”
- Recruitment software: The use of technology, specifically recruitment software, is another crucial factor in Recruitment 4.0. These tools streamline the talent acquisition process. They allow for quick filters to find suitable candidates, save time in reviewing applications, and efficiently close recruitment processes.
- Social media: Social media plays a fundamental role in Recruitment 4.0, also known as social recruitment. This poses a challenge for many organizations. Social media provides a platform to attract, connect, and effectively communicate with potential candidates.
- Chatbots: The fourth key factor of Recruitment 4.0 is chatbots, which involve the use of artificial intelligence to improve communications between companies and clients. They are also applied in the processes of attracting and selecting candidates. Chatbots can streamline interactions, provide quick answers to frequently asked questions, and enhance the candidate experience.
By combining these four elements, it is possible to create more agile, dynamic, and effective recruitment processes. Each of these factors brings significant advantages to Recruitment 4.0.
Recruitment 4.0 Strategies.
Although you are already familiar with the main elements of Recruitment 4.0 and probably have a better understanding of how to implement it, we want to provide you with some final recommendations to help you get started.
As mentioned earlier, companies should work on their employer brand to position themselves in the job market. How can you achieve this? Through a digital marketing strategy applied on social media and websites. The idea is to interact consistently with candidates who are of interest to the company. The key stages would be:
– Attract people who identify with the company’s values.
– Convert interested individuals who meet the requirements into candidates.
– Hire the candidate who best fits the business needs.
– Retain those candidates who were not selected by turning them into brand ambassadors.
Social recruitment refers to a set of Recruitment 4.0 strategies developed on platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, among others. They can also be applied on other websites such as blogs, job boards, forums, and job portals. The key here is to follow the aforementioned approach: attract, convert, hire, and retain candidates.
Gamification is a key strategy in Recruitment 4.0, which involves applying game techniques and dynamics in non-game situations, such as talent acquisition and selection. In general, it involves replacing traditional tests with simulations of real situations, where candidates can face the challenges of the position through playful activities. This approach also helps maintain candidate engagement with the recruitment process through reward systems for each stage completed.
In summary, Recruitment 4.0 leverages the advantages of technology and social media to optimize talent acquisition processes. It offers access to a larger number of candidates, more precise segmentation, simplification of competency identification, and time and resource savings.